Friday, May 12, 2006

The Kitchen

I took these photos during my second visit to the house. Amy came with me for moral support. Perhaps the sellers knew something about my psychology: that cute animals would work just as well as fresh-baked bread or fragrant pouppouri to convince me I should buy their home. Amy was very helpful in keeping me focused on the task at hand. "Don't you look at that dog!" she'd warn.

The owner and my realtor were in the living/dining room combo, so I didn't take photographs there. Like the rest of the house, though, the main room has the original hardwood floors.

The kitchen has pergo floors and two windows, one facing the opposite house and one above the sink. I'm hoping the one above the sink will inspire me, for the first time in my life, to do dishes immediately after eating.

I'm very excited about the gas stove and the new counters. The kitchen has a dishwasher, disposal and microwave, which will be a great place to hide food from Nanuq.

You can see the tile backsplash and the back door, which leads to a roomy yard. By the way, Amy is playing with Caspar, the resident white cat. Unlike Nanuq, Caspar can hear. Apparently he also is better behaved, since the owner was able to leave food and valuables on the counter in the presence of the cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home