Friday, May 12, 2006

The Bedrooms & Upstairs Bath

Sigh. The bedrooms. Bedrooms! It feels so luxurious after years of having my kitchen and living room in my bedroom. I can't wait to shut the door on Nanuq. I know it's rude, but I can't wait!

The master bedroom has two windows facing the east side of the city. For the first time in more than three years, I will have a closet taller than myself. Of course, I won't be able to afford to buy clothes, but at least I'll be able to dream about filling the closet.

The middle bedroom is the little girl's room and has a Winnie the Pooh theme. There's a terrific little window looking out into the yard, and a closet without a door. The children have drawn on the walls with crayons; I look forward to living with their messages for a while.

The back room, which is painted green, is the boy's room. This room probably needs the most work, since it has the plywood floor.

Both both the middle and back rooms are pretty big, especially when your only roommate is a cat. I imagine myself roaming from room to room, trying each one on for size. Nanuq can have the middle room, and maybe I'll get him a friend for the back room.

Sometimes, when I really imagine myself in this house, I feel like a little piglet. Four people and half a dozen animals live there now, and after I move in it will be just me and Devil Cat. Dear friends, I'm going to need visitors!

Anyway, here comes the good part: the bathroom. It actually has a window, not a skylight. This may be the only house I saw that had a window. The owners put in new tile, all neutral colors, which I love.

I tested the toilet and it appeared to be industrial strength. So Dad, come on over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home