Friday, May 12, 2006

The Basement

When I first starting looking online at real estate listings, I'd laugh and laugh at people who posted pictures of their finished basements and new hot water heaters. Now that I may get a house, I can understand why these folks felt so proud. Everything costs a bundle.

The owners told me someone lived in the basement before they moved in. You can see the original floors, which could be very cool if restored. The little window up front has bars, and the washer and dryer are 10 years old. No more hoarding quarters to do laundry. Yay! The basement has a shower, a sink, new electric, and a newer sewer line and hot water heater. To think, only four short weeks ago I didn't even know the definition of a sewer line. Now I can identify cracks and estimate the age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home