Friday, May 12, 2006

The Half-Bath and Upstairs Hallway

I know this sounds ridiculous, but the half-bath on the main floor may be my favorite room in the house. As many of you know, I have a propensity for tiny things: tiny boxes, tiny juice glasses, tiny bowls. Well, this bathroom has a tiny window and the smallest sink I've ever seen. If I gained a few pounds I might not even fit in the room! The owners did such an amazing job with the stenciling that I'm tempted to keep it, although painting the walls a lighter color might make the room look bigger.

Like most South Philly homes, the staircase has a steel railing. The sellers have been working upstairs, so the walls need a paint job. They laid down plywood so the bathroom and hallway would be the same height and recommended I put down carpeting. As you can see, the stairs are the original hardwood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home