Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Devil Cat Rises Again

If you're wondering why I've disappeared, it's because I've been exhausted.

The ink had barely dried on my last blog entry (can I use that expression on the Web?) when Nanuq began having what I've dubbed the "night terrors." Life is hard for him, just like it is for Sad Kitty. If I'm lucky, the terrors start at 5 a.m. If I'm unlucky, they begin at 3:30 a.m.

Nanuq taught himself to fly through the air and land on my room divider. One night I awoke at 4:30 a.m. to see him hanging onto it for dear life. Other evenings he barrels into it, knocking it into my CD tower and to the ground. On Monday night he woke me three times until finally I gave up and got up. At least I got to work at 7:30 am, making for a productive day.

I blamed myself for Monday. After a busy work day, I hadn't taken the time to exercise him properly. But yesterday we played for three straight hours. I figured I'd worn him out. No such luck. I moved the CD tower, which at least stopped the tremendous crashes from when he'd knock it over. Instead, he decided to knock over his litter box and destroy a lampshade made of delicate paper. Ah, Ikea. I hardly knew ye.

Since I can't calm him down, I'm considering drugs. For myself, that is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dutch said...

BAD KITTY!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home