Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Tonight's the Night

Only three-and-a-half more hours until I can pick up my new kitty! I'm surprisingly anxious about it. Last night I cleaned my apartment top to bottom, as if I were expecting an honored guest. I set up the cat's litter box and food bowl so he'd feel at home. I tried to put everything in places where Lancelot had never been, but that's almost impossible in a one-room apartment.

I had trouble sleeping because of all the questions racing through my head. What if we don't like each other? What if he doesn't use the litter box? Will he be unhappy when I leave for work in the morning? What will be his favorite spots? And most important, what will I name him? The jury is still out. I made a list of everyone's ideas and figured I try them out on him tonight. I'll either pick the one that best suits his personality, or I'll read them off and see which one he responds to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home