Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Who Says Cats Are Independent?

Nanuq and I have been living together for almost three weeks now, and I'm starting to learn his cute (and not so cute) habits. This morning I went for a walk. When I returned he had torn down the curtains. At least he was sitting in the window to greet me.

I'm close to giving up on my rule of "no cats in the bathroom." Since I live in a one-bedroom apartment, I figured the bathroom was the closest thing to privacy I could get. Nanuq will have none of it. When I got into the shower, he knocked over his litter box. He meowed and scratched on the door, even though I kept opening it to reassure him.

Nanuq is one of the clumsiest cats I've ever seen. He makes Lancelot look like a ballet dancer. Nanuq loves having his stomach rubbed, and he'll roll onto his back whenever he gets the chance (the whore!), even if he's at the edge of the bed, on a narrow ledge or at the top of a bookcase. Unlike other cats, he seems to have no shame. When he falls, he doesn't jump up and walk in the opposite direction like Lancie did, as if to say, "What silly animal did that? I'm too perfect for such clumsiness." Instead, he walks right on over and rubs against me, like falling on his ass was the most natural thing in the world for any cat to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger mar-mar said...

yay Nanuq! what a troublemaker. He's super cute! I'm such a fan of spray bottles. sigh.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home